Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Essay.

So hopefully in my essay I will do a feminist critique on a Disney film. I am going to analyze one film, (I haven't decided on one yet), and really go in depth. In my analysis one of my main points of focus will be on the death of the mother in these movies. If you actually think about it a majority of Disney movies the main characters mother is always killed off. This happens a lot in other fairy tales as well and I want to focus on why this happens, what I think the significance of all of this is.

This idea came from growing up with my mom who was a single parent always being bothered with the fact that in these Disney movies which I loved the mother was never present she was always dead or just wasn't there. If you think about so many movies I grew watching there was never a mother present. If you think just to name a few The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, where are all the mothers?

No comments: